A Quiet Life in the 'burbs...

One ordinary fella's life, one post at a time.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Love and other catastrophes - Part 2

Or, How to build a relationship.
After the previously documented events, Miss Pond and I became increasingly close, initially emotionally. We would spend ages talking to each other on the phone, normally discussing the shite that was our lives, plus talking shite to fill the gaps.
After a particularly poor series of weekends, where I'd spend almost every hour arguing with Mrs Boysenberry, I told her I was going away for a while to see my sister. I knew it would involve a stop over to see Miss Pond. I let her know of my plans, she asked me a small favour, to which I acquiesced, and headed out of Canberra. A few hours later, I was in a hotel room, wondering what I was doing. Not long after, Miss Pond showed up, and we hugged. A beer or two, a spot of dinner; it felt wonderful. The night became a bit of a blur (or maybe my memory is getting blurry), but she drove me around her town, and we ended up at a well known local spot that was deserted. Once there, we hugged for what seems like hours. At that moment, I had no doubt that I'd made the right choice. She smelt and felt perfect. Her head fit in my chest with almost military precision. The wind howled around us, and I could feel her shiver slightly against me.
After a wonderful evening, Miss Pond drove me back to my hotel. She came upstairs to grab some items I'd brought with me for her, and we went back down to her car. It became one of the longest goodbyes I've ever experienced. I think we both wanted to go back upstairs, but we both knew we shouldn't. She drove off, and I went to my room alone.
The next morning, I continued my trip to my sister's place, where I ended up spending just shy of a week. While there, the level of communications with Miss Pond increased. We texted almost continuously, and talked almost every night. Towards the end of the trip, we agreed that we should spend some time together; a weekend getaway somewhere near her. We settled on a farmhouse stay of two nights in a valley she had visited previously. No details, other than to say it was a fantastic weekend away. We did the tourist thing, visiting places nearby; we had beers and watched football (Australian Rules, for the uninitiated); we spent time laying next to each other, enjoying each others company.
Soon enough, the weekend came to an end, and we headed to our respective homes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home